Thursday, August 25, 2011

Holy Blog Awards, Batman!

Okay, so I have to confess....I've been a very bad blogger!  Over the past few months I've had several bloggy friends give me some wonderful blog awards, and I just haven't had the chance to post about them.  Well, hold on to your hat, because I'm taking the time today!!!  So...here we go!

First of all, we'll start with the Versatile Blogger Award and the BFF Blogger Award.  Amber from My 3 E Scrapbooking passed these awards on to me.  Thank you sooooo much, Amber!  I've already passed these awards on, so I'm not going to do it again today. :)  I hope you'll go check out Amber's blog, though!  I'm always drooling over her adorable creations!

***************************************************************

Alright...now for the Irresistably Sweet Blog Award. 


Amber from My 3 E Scrapbooking and Sylvia from Bella Scrapbook Designs passed this award on to me.  Thank you sooo much, ladies!  I hope you'll go check these talented ladies' blogs out!  You won't be sorry!  Here are the requirements for this award:

The rules for the award are the following:
1.) Send a thank you to the person who nominated you and include their link.
2.) To accept this award, answer 7 random facts about yourself.
3.) Pass the award to at least 8 other blog buddies.
 
(I'll take care of these requirements in just a minute.)  :)
 
****************************************************************
 
I also received the A Thing of Beauty Award:
 

Amber from My 3 E Scrapbooking and Dawn from Simply Dawn 53 passed this award on to me.  Thank you soooo much, my bloggy friends.  Again, I hope all of you will go check out their WONDERFUL blogs!  Such great projects there!

Here are the rules for this award:

1. I must share 5 things about myself ( 1 of the listed items must be something about crafting)
2. Pass the award to 5 other blogs.
 
(I'll do these things in just a minute)  :)
 
***************************************************************
 
Now, for the Butterfly Blog Award:
 
Thank you soooo much, Diana from DL ART and Sherrie from Sherrie Scraps with Passion for passing this award on to me.  Again, these ladies' creations are FANTABULOUS, and I hope you'll go check out their blogs.

Here are the rules for this award:

1.  Answer several questions.
2.  Award this 'Butterfly Award' to 10 other bloggers.
3. Contact the 10 bloggers to let them know they have been given this award.
4. Show a link to the person who gave me the 'Butterfly Award'.
 
I'll go ahead and answer my 12 questions here, and I'll pass the award on in a little bit. :)
 
Q1) Name your favorite color?
Red
 
Q2) Name your favorite song?
Right now...Marry Me from the Glee Soundtrack (corny, I know, but I can't help it!)

Q3) Name your favorite dessert?
Anything with Double Chocolate Chip Fudgie Brownie in the name  :)

Q4) What wizzes you off at the moment?
Not having an air conditioner ... that's Germany for you, though!

Q5) Your favorite pet?
My Chihuahua, Abby

Q6) Black or White?
Black
 
Q7) Your biggest fear?
Hmmmm...roller coasters and flying
 
Q8) Best Feature?
I'm a loyal friend :)

Q9) Everyday attitude?
Pretty happy with a tinge of  frustration usually (unfortunately)

Q10) What is perfection?
A quiet night at home

Q11) Guilty Pleasure?
The Vampire Diaries TV show (especially Damon!)  ;)

Q12) When you're upset you?
Need to be alone or I'll cry (so annoying)
 
**************************************************************
 
Okay, now on to my final award, and I'm saving the cutest one for last....the Stinkin' Cute Blog Award.
 

Thank you sooo much, Diana from DL ART, for passing this along to me.  This award is so stinkin' cute, and so are all of Diana's projects.  Pop on over to her blog to check them out. 

There  are no requirements for this award. :)

***********************************************************

Okay, so let's see about fulfilling some of the requirements:

Here are 12 random facts about myself, at least one of which is crafty:

1.  I'm a Texan, even if I don't live there anymore.
2.  I currently live in Germany.
3.  My hubby's in the Air Force.
4.  I have 2 daughters...a 10 year old and a 7 year old.
5.  I have a sweet Chihuahua named Abby.
6.  I was a teacher for 9 years when we lived in the states. I taught 3rd and 4th graders.
7.  I love using my Cricut machine, and I have a cartridge-buying addiction.
8.  I also love using Make-the-Cut, and I'm super excited to buy the Silhouette Cameo cutting machine when it comes out in October so I can follow all the "rules" when use all my wonderful SVGs.
9.  I'm really enjoying selling my cards and party decorations on Etsy...it keeps me busy!
10.  I'd love to have an actual job someday in the crafting industry.  Don't know how in the world that would happen, but I can dream, I guess.
11.  I actually get the "itch" to move about every 3-4 years.  Funny, since I always thought I'd stay in the little town I grew up in forever.  That's what happens when you marry a military man.
12.  I watch WAY too much TV for my own good. :)

Okay, so that's more than you ever hoped to know about me.  Now, it's time to pass on these awards to other talented crafters.  This is always the hardest part for me.  There are SOOOO many wonderful bloggers out there, and I know I always leave so many of them out when I choose people for these awards. 

So, here are the blogs I've chosen (in no particular order). If your blog is named below, please take your pick of one or all of the awards listed above.  Oh, and don't feel like you need to do all of the requirements, either.  Just take the award and proudly display it on your blog.  Each and every one of you deserve it!

Elizabeth from 217 Creations
Cheryl from Pink and Paper
Mari from Made By Momo
Tina from Tina Time
Roberta from Tx Scrapper Mom
Michelle from Scrappin' with My Bug
Vicky from Victoria Scraps
Meriah from Tattered Time
Dawn from Simply Dawn 53
Sarah from Pink Cricut
Sylvia from Bella Scrapbooking
Paula from More than Favors
Diana from DL Art

Well, this just scratches the surface of all the talented bloggers I love!  I hope you'll stop by and see all the wonderful things they create!  I have a project to share with you soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa~your welcome for the award...you are deserving of each and every one. I know how busy we can get and the lack of blogging but that's life..family first! I am just now trying to catch up since I had a little break with stuff going on here too. I miss everyone though and all the creations I am missing:( Thanks for thinking of me and sending these awards back to me. You are a great crafter and always look forward to seeing your wonderful creations:)Have a great day Lisa!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Thank yo so much for the award(s)!!! How sweet and thoughful of you!!! In fact, it is so nice to get comments, as it makes me go and look at their blog... and so glad I found yours!!
    TinaB
    http://ollieanddextersmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa for sharing your award with me! I am also behind on posting these sweet awards! But-that seems to be the story of my life these days...always running behind! Oh, just to share...I'm like you about the crying stuff! When I'm upset, just leave me alone-or suffer through the waterworks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award LISA and Thank you for sharing it with me. I am really slow at collecting these awards. I will post as soon as I can.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D