Monday, June 23, 2014

I Love Dad


I Love Dad

  Leah Schaeffer here today to share with you the Father's Day card that I made for my husband. It certainly was a fun card to create! It really was! So much that a girlfriend of mine came over and made a copy of this for her hubby too! =) 
 A pretty simple card made a little more interesting by adding a few details. I wanted to reinforce the love theme here so I snuck in a few extra hearts, that happened to all be sitting on my desk from left over projects. Using letter stickers made this go a little faster as well. I did take the time to add the nails along the bottom. Not something that you have to do but again, each extra detail makes it that much more special. I love how the printed paper adds to it too! Paper choice in my opinion can make or break a project! 



 I wanted to share how I did the floss banner. I started with drawing a line between the screw diver banner poles. I then used that as a guide to run a line of glue. I cut the ends to be hidden under the edges. I then tied a separate bow around the popped poles. That was much easier then tying the ends another way. I always try to do my bows on their own if I can! =)



Thanks so much for visiting! We love having you stop in and see what we all are creating using the wonderful items from the shop!
post signature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D