Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Happy Wednesday Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons fans!  It's Michelle from Purple Monkey Moments, and I am here to share a project that I created with an amazing PPPR files

I decided to go a bit outside the box today.  I made a paperless project!!  I made a wooden Christmas sign with one of Lisa's fun titles.  I used the PVPP (paint, vinyl, paint, peel) method where you adhere the vinyl to a painted board and paint the negative space.  I don't own a lot of vinyl, and this is a way to get different colors without buying a bunch of vinyl.


This sentiment, is one of my FAVORITE Christmas quotes.  For our, Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus, and this sentiment brings it all together for me.  

I love how this turned out!!  You can still see a bit of the wood grain underneath.  I was so pleased that the letters were crisp - the only other time I made a project like this, my paint bled a bit under the vinyl.  I learned the hard way, that I could avoid that by painting one coat of my base color over the vinyl before painting the colors.  It helps seal the edges of the vinyl so no paint can find its way underneath.

Here is the cut file I used, which you can find in the PPPR store.


You can see all of the cute SVG files from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons in the SHOP and be sure to check out all the details of my card over on my blog.

A la prochaine,



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D